From Tuesday September 13th 2022 I am launching my new tour The Blue Plaques of Leytonstone!
A leisurely look at some of the most noteworthy blue plaques in Leytonstone including:
Among Many Others!
- International photographer, the man who captured the swinging '60's on film, David Bailey
- Famous TV chef and personality Fanny Cradock
- Blur and Gorillaz fromtman Damon Albarn
- Douglas Webb DFM, the man flew on the famous Dambusters raid in WWII and lived to tell the tale
- Stuart Freeborn, makeup artist who created the characters of Yoda and Chewbacca in Star Wars
- A visit to the house of Manchester United and England legend David Beckham
- ...And not forgetting the Master of Suspense himself, Sir Alfred Hitchcock
Tour runs 5 times weekly: Tuesday at midday and 6pm, Thursday at midday and 6pm and Saturday at 11am. Cost: £20 per person. Meet at Le Parisien Cafe, Station Approach, Church Lane, Leytonstone E11 1HE.
Meeting Place Map