New for April 2021 -THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
Take a trip to St. Patrick's Cemetery, Leytonstone, the location of the Hitchcock Family Plot(s).
As well as Hitchcock you will see a varied and colourful cast of characters including:
- The fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper, Mary Kelly
- John McCarthy, landlord of Mary Kelly, who raised the alarm on the morning of November 9th, 1888
- "Blakey" from 'On the Busses', who boarded the bus to the cemetary gates on August 12th 2015
- Timothy Evans, wrongly hanged in 1950 for the murders committed by John Christi
- After a short walk, the birthplace of Stuart Freeborn, 'the grandfather of modern makeup' who created the characters of Yoda and Chewbacca in the Star Wars movies.
The tour will conclude with a photo opportunity at the Star Wars mural on Grove Green road, Leytonstone and optional refreshments and a Q&A at the Heathcote and Star.
Tours will go ahead on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 1pm. Meet at Leyton Tube Station at 12.45pm