New for April 2021 -THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
Take a trip to St. Patrick's Cemetery, Leytonstone, the location of the Hitchcock Family Plot(s).
As well as Hitchcock you will see a varied and colourful cast of characters including:
- The fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper, Mary Kelly
- John McCarthy, landlord of Mary Kelly, who raised the alarm on the morning of November 9th, 1888
- "Blakey" from 'On the Busses', who boarded the bus to the cemetary gates on August 12th 2015
- Timothy Evans, wrongly hanged in 1950 for the murders committed by John Christie.
- After a short walk, 98 Grove Green road, the house of singer/songwriter Paul Hardcastle, where he recorded the smash hit '19'.
- Linear Park, where you will see 14 stones dedicated to over 500 houses that were demolished to make way for the M11 link road, and some of the most notable residents who once resided there.
- Then a trip to 351 grove Green Road, The birthplace of Stuart Freeborn, 'the grandfather of modern makeup' who created the characters of Yoda and Chewbacca in the Star Wars movies.
The tour will conclude with a photo opportunity at the Star Wars mural on Grove Green road, Leytonstone and optional refreshments and a Q&A at the Unity Cafe.
Tours will go ahead on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 1pm. Meet at Leyton Tube Station (London Underground Central Line) (Map)
at 12.45pmBook Here